Sunday, May 10, 2009

New Picks of The Month

Thanks to Nicholas Basbanes' intro on Rare Books Blog, these two recent releases immediately caught my eyes and will definitely buy. 

One is First We Read, Then We Write: Emerson on the Creative Process, by Robert D. Richardson; University of Iowa Press, 112 pages.  I have no intention to become a writer, for god's sake and for the sake of the human races (Haha !!!), it doesn't stop me to find out the bits and pieces of how writers actually churn out their arts.  I like the saying “talent alone cannot make a writer”.  It applies to all professions too.

The second book is Curiosities of Literature: A Feast for Book Lovers, by John Sutherland, illustrations by Mark Rowson; Skyhorse Publishing, 273 pages.  I had read his previous book on reading How to Read A Novel : A User's Guide, and I like it.  So there is no reason why I don't buy the new book.



No comments:

Post a Comment