Monday, June 22, 2009

New Books

These are what I've purchased from Booksactually and Polymath & Crust :


  1. Paris Bouquins by Jeu de Paume パリの本屋さん (Japanese) (This book features 30 over bookstores and libraries in Paris, each of which has a specialized genre, be it children picture books, art, design graphic, photography & film, food, gardening and travel, and focus on selected themes, and unique products.  The few bookstores that tickle my memories are the renown Shakespeare & Co, La Hune and Librairie du musée des Arts décoratifs which I had visited 3 years ago.)
  2. Proust and the Squid (The Story and Science of the Reading Brain) by Maryanne Wolf
  3. Books v. cigarettes by George Orwell
  4. Why I Write by George Orwell


I love the sarcastic passage on the cover :
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"

Alright, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment