Friday, November 13, 2009

Applying makeup in MRT

OK. I got to admit, this is not the first time that I've seen women doing makeup in MRT cabin. Applying powder, blush, mascara and lipstick, these sort of things are considerably normal and acceptable.

On my way to work this morning, with some luck on Friday the 13th ?, a thirtyish lady in trendy outfits was sitting right in front of me. Less than a minute upon seated, she dug out an eyelash curler and a tiny brush from her handbag and started doing the retouching
(may be repair is a more appropriate word) work.

From Sengkang till Potong Pasir Station which takes approximately 15 minutes, left to right, right to left, curler then brush, brush then again curler, eyes wide opened, she just kept on performing this seemingly-not-so-easy chore with discreet determination, ignoring the increasing crowds and the fact that lots of commuters, especially guys, were staring at her. I don't think she even felt abashed by what she was doing. Before reaching Boon Keng station, she applied another round of mascara then back to curler and brush, left to right, right to left, again and again, with no sign of stopping. Thanks God! This unpleasant show finally came to a halt when the train arrived at Farrer Park station. Total 20 minutes. I couldn't believe that I was actually timing her. I did try to look somewhere else as and when, even closing my eyes, but "curiosity" would bring my gaze back to her.

In the end, the frantic repair did no justice to her serious dark eye circles. Why didn't she put more effort to cover them with a real good concealer. Hey! I don't apply makeup doesn't mean that I don't know a thing or two. Curling your upper lashes with an eyelash curler will help take attention away from the problem. Yes! That is right. Playing up your upper lids and lashes is especially important for serious dark circles. But her result was rarely any playing up, not even close.

May be I'm a little mean.  At least I didn't take her picture and broadcast it on the net.

Anyway, wish you a happy Friday the 13th ! \^_^/


No comments:

Post a Comment