Thursday, July 17, 2014

Loanshark Harassment


The whole events been bothering me.

Come to think about it, it all started in January before I officially shifted to the new flat.

On 26 Jan, saw this mash of eggs on the floor when I was there to clean the place before renovation, thinking that who was the stupidiot doing such boring childish act.

Nevertheless, I just cleaned up.

Soon I began receiving Letter of Demand from various moneylenders.  Apparently, this fucker (the previous owner of the flat) named Goh Peng Ser Henry, IC No. S1728995J, went around to borrow $$$ from various legal moneylenders from Nov 2013 till Jan 2014, and from loansharks (dunno from when) before he moved out on 6 Jan and officially handed over the flat on 15 Jan 2014, thinking that he could get away with it upon selling the flat. He continued to borrow on the very same day as well. It is obvious that he started the whole things after the OTP, which was on 30 Oct 2013.
Letter of Demand from various legal Moneylanders
with loans dated between Nov2013 and Jan 2014.
These are only partial of them.

I had reported to the Police in three occasions. 1st report was made after the legal moneylenders knocked on my doors on 3 Feb. 2nd report after an asshole had written WORDS on the wall at the 2nd landing (1st Ahlong harassment). And then escalated to these on 16 Mar.
2nd ahlong harassment - 1st paint splashing on 16 Mar 2014

2nd paint splashing incident happened 2 weeks later.
3rd ahlong harassment - 2nd paint splashing on 02 Apr 2014




Besides reporting to the police, I also did what a citizen should do ..... go to the local newspapers and Stomp.

I do not wish to be a silent victim of lawless loanshark, let alone the fucking asshole loan-borrower.

I want the whole world knows what had he done.  A check with my agent,  I was told that this fellow also owned his own property agent, a personal friend as well,  the commission upon selling the flat.








Go here for the Stomp report :
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/3rd-time-this-new-flat-owner-falls-victim-to-lawless-loansharks



Upon installation of CCTVs on the corridor outside the flat by the police in Apr 2014, it does help to deter the loansharks from harassment.

Thus they changed tactics. A few 'love' letters were received with different hell notes attached in each.
Very funny !

By far, the bottom right one is my favorite. Anyway, all have been handled to the police for investigation.

Last check with the police officer-in-charge, I learnt that the culprit responsible for the harassment was arrested on 29 Apr.  Whereas the ex-owner was located, and a stern warning was given.  

But the truth is, I am not satisfied.  He should get serious punishment by doing such inconsiderate bad things.  He put me and my family in dangers from the loansharks, and I undoubtedly have spent valuable time and money to settle the damages made to my flat.  

Not long ago, there were talks in Parliament to implement tougher laws on unlicenced moneylending and loanshark. That's really good. But I also wanna highlight to the authority ..... how about those borrowers who do it intentionally, and thinking that they can get away scotch free ?

I pray hard that he will get what he deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment