Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The girl with the dragon tattoo is back

Three years has passed since I read Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy.

Never expect another author David Lagercrantz, a crime journalist, will continue the sequel since the original author Stieg Larsson had died suddenly and unexpectedly in Nov 2004, a year before the first novel in the Millennium trilogy was to be published. He did not live to see how successful the books were to become.

Started on Friday night, finished at dawn on Sunday morning. Shown that I have been fully immersed in the book. This fourth instalment was enjoyable and engaging, though a little lengthy in the first third - Millennium Magazine is in trouble and purchased by a larger company. Our main character Mikael Blomkvist is unhappy and unmotivated blah blah blah.  But once you get through it, as the story gathered pace, it got better and better.

Lisbeth Salander, the pale, skinny young weirdo who has lots of tattoo over her body is still very cool. Like Lisbeth, I hate her twin sister Camilla who is an evil twelve-pointer (Oooh! How I love this words for extraordinary beautiful).






Some told me Iphone is safer than Android phone and some told me otherwise.  Those said that also claimed Samsung is the worst of all.  Well, I simply can't be bothered.  I have both Iphone and Samsung Android phone.  Each has it own pro and con.

Anyway, in the book, Android phone is recommended for security purpose.  Red phone app and Threema app are real apps.  Hmmm ..... shall try it out.














I have found out later that there are some controversial issues concerning its copyright. Apparently this book is written without reference to the original author's plans for the fourth book and without the consent of his long time partner Eva Gabrielsson who helped him write the first three. For further information, see http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-stieg-larssons-partner-appalled-by-millennium-business-2015-3?IR=T&

However, put aside the issues, I have to admit that David Lagercrantz has done a good job and while I would never want to compare this with the original three books, I have no problem in continuing to read this series. I am just happy that Lisbeth Salander is back.

1 comment: