Saturday, October 15, 2016

TGIF and not working

After meeting a friend (ex-colleague) for lunch and then another for a short coffee break at his new office, I went for a walk to explore the nearby areas again ..... from Clarke Quay to Chinatown, and routed back to Clarke Quay till Dhoby Ghaut, about 5 hours in total.








The Kreta Ayer Square just behind the Buddha Tooth Relic temple is a hot gathering spot for the elderly who live nearby.

The Chinatown Visitor Centre is located over here as well.  Apparently the centre runs daily themed walking tours and heritage classes for visitors.  Interesting.



Pigeons pigeons, quite a number of them at the back alley


The decor of this Hao Lai Wu Steamboat & BBQ alone Sago Street is pretty funky.


Back to Clarke Quay .....


New discovery today is the simple yet beautiful Armenian Church.  I did pass by this church many times in the past but the gates was closed, so I never get to step inside at all.  Though I am from different religion, it doesn't stop me from enjoying the peacefulness of a church (and even the cemetery).




I was just too happy to see such lovely clouds on my way to Dhoby Ghaut.

No comments:

Post a Comment