Monday, November 16, 2015

Medieval Bookbinding

This is my baby step to the ocean of Medieval Bookbinding techniques before I can do restoration on antiquarian books with leather.  Due to family matters, I need to slow down my learning quest a little bit for now, till the right time for me to plunge in full force.


Organised by Bryn Artisan Atelier @ Holland Village , the workshop was conducted by experienced local craftsman, 71-year old Mr Chong.

Tailor-made in Malaysia, sewing frame and book press are cleverly combined together into this compact form for use.
Thinking of DIY a piece myself.



My baby.  I have used different colour for the front and back cover. The leather, which was imported from Italy, is nice to the touch.

The paper used here are 100% Cotton Heavyweight paper. 10 signatures plus 2 endpapers in total.




The Place

Love to see and feel all the beautiful and colourful materials.
Of top of that, Biscuits and coffee were served during the workshop.  a set of IGGY's limited edition, handcrafted chocolates/macarons/jellys were offered as well.  Oh mind ...... Sweet!








No comments:

Post a Comment