Wednesday, November 1, 2017

My Iran Trip 2017 : First Day

After a 13-hours flight, I was pretty tired when I reached Persian Hostel (aka Hotel Mehr) at 2pm.  But I was not going to waste my time napping.  I took the metro to Meydan-e Azadi میدان آزادی  for one of the landmarks of Tehran - Azadi Tower.

The nearest Metro Station from my accommodation
less than 5 mins walk
Note : Metro is the best and cheapest way to get around due to the heavy traffic in Tehran. A one way ticket is only 8000 rials (USD0.20).


Bought a few of these pastries to try.
Well,  too sweet for me though.

AZADI TOWER







  

A night bazaar was assembling outside Meydan-e Abadi Metro Station around 5pm .....


Tajrish Metro Station تجریش

@ Tajrish Night Market


Walked about 25 mins to 30 Tir Street from the hostel to have my coffee fix after dinner.  It costed me 160000 rials (USD4) for a double shot cappuccino.

This historical street is very alive with mobile cafes and restaurants after dark.

I get my 2nd invitation to a local house from a daughter and mom, and yet I didn't accept cause it was already 11pm - a wee bit late in night to visit in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment